T-Rex

Enter the enchanted world of "T", and prepare for wonder and amazement...

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Fired

Wow more negativeness on my blog, but I had to tell y'all that I just got fired from my job as Assistant Front Desk Manager at the Royal Oak Inn & Suites. Yah - not that I wasn't doing a good job (everyone who transfers there from the Vic gets fired or quits) - there was a lot of backstabbing, lying, miscommunication, and misinterpretation. Take all that and throw in the fact that a couple of the girls had it in for me (one literally came up to my face and basically said outright that she was trying to get me fired -- and this was in my first week).
It totally sucks, and I don't think the General Manager supports the Front Desk Manager's decision about this because:
1) He created this position solely for me - they didn't need an Assistant FD Manager, but he loved my resume and experience;
2) He purposely left before noon the day that she was going to fire me so that he wouldn't have to do it;
3) The only reason she did it was because she can get away with it, because the General Manager is done at the end of this month too.
That hotel is losing their GM, their Banquet Manager, their Asst. Banquet Manager, and they just lost their Asst. FD Manager (me)... going through managers like crazy - that's gotta tell you something. Bad juju over there.
But that's ok - cuz when God closes a door, he opens a window. I'm getting out of the hotel industry (good time to, why not?) and possibly jumping into retail again or office work. I love working with customers but I don't want to ever have to work nights again!! BLLAaaagh!!
So there, that's my story. At least I'm free now for all the Christmas programs.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    Boo, that totally sucks! Do you have anything lined up...I hope so. Tons of prayers your way!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger axana said…

    Thanks so much for your encouragement. Nothing lined up yet, have been flinging resumes everywhere! There are 2 places that look especially promising, but they aren't going to contact me for at least 2 weeks - booo-urns!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger banquet manager thatsme said…

    The hotel business is not what it used to be. With all the property sales, and senior management changes, job security is a thing of the past. Even for a banquet manager like me.
    http;//soyouwanttobeabanquetmanager.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home